Vintage Vigan: Staying at Metro Vigan Fiesta Garden Hotel

3:11 AM


Back in high school, a good friend of mine told me that things have a way of working themselves out. It somehow stuck to me and it happened this September when I headed to Vigan for an Ilocos tour. I had initially planned trip to Buscalan for the weekend of September 15 but the trip was cancelled a week before. I really needed a time away from my usual routine. It had been months since I was on a trip and my wanderlust was creeping in. So when Metro Vigan Fiesta Garden Hotel invited bloggers I was excited to be part of it! Booked my ticket online at Partas (thanks to Biyaheroes) and I was good to go.

So let’s be honest. All you want is to lie down on a soft bed when you’ve just spent 12 hours on the bus from Cubao. We arrived in Vigan a little past four in the morning so I was tired and sleepy. Our bus dropped us off right in front of Metro Vigan Fiesta Hotel along the National Highway. The first thing that caught my eye as I alighted the bus was the beautiful carved door in front of me. Intricate carvings of Filipino traditions adorn the main door.




As we entered, the hotel gave that Filipino homey vibe. Sketches of Spanish Filipinas on the pillows will welcome you in the lobby as you put your bags down and get your room key. The whole hotel was quiet as we rang the reception bell. We headed straight to the room to get some shut-eye before our scheduled breakfast. My eye immediately caught the double bed waiting for me. I looked around our deluxe room and noticed the LCD TV mounted on the wall, two glasses beside a water heater, a mini fridge, and our cabinet with big mirrors as its doors. The mirrors cam handy when checking out our #OOTD before heading out for our tours. Two sockets were just beside my bed so I plugged my devices and headed to dreamland even for two hours.





We had our breakfast past 8 in the morning and met my fellow travel bloggers. We were then given a tour to see more of the hotel. It had 53 rooms in its two-storey building. Each room had this intricate carved door made by in Paete, Laguna. I enjoyed spotting the lechon, palo sebo, tinikling, and other fiesta traditions as we roamed around the halls. The bright yellow walls will add sunshine to your day! Their Executive Suite will make you feel like you’re living in your own space: a wooden bathroom interior with a bath, a king-sized bed with padded headboard, a dining table to entertain guests, and a sofa set when you just want to hang around with friends.



Door to Executive Suite


It was raining non-stop so the group decided to head to the plaza to grab some authentic Vigan empanada. Later that night we headed to the AMICI VIP Lounge to enjoy a hearty serving of Ilocos bagnet while getting to know more about each other. Trips become more memorable when you have the right bunch of people to enjoy the moments. The VIP Lounge turns into a videoke room for the Filipinos favorite past time! Enjoy a night of bonding, eating, and singing.





We went on our Ilocos Norte tour when the sun shone that Thursday morning. Our last stop was the sand dunes of Laoag. While we were riding the 4x4 and enjoying the thrill, I can’t help but remember the hotel’s spa. Doesn’t a massage sound great after a day of adventure? Imagine spending some minutes on the steam room then soaking in the jacuzzi. Then lying on the massage table for a good body massage. However, I just wanted to sleep after we arrived at the hotel so I chose to just settle for a hot shower from the rain showerhead in our bathroom before slipping into my pajamas.



Metro Vigan Fiesta Garden Hotel is a place to consider if you’re looking for a mix of luxury, historical feel, and Filipino fiesta vibe.







Contact Info:
Website: http://www.fiestagardenmetrovigan.com.ph
National Highway, Guimod, Bantay,(Metro Vigan) Ilocos Sur, Philippines
+63 77 644 0401
+63 77 02 584 4176
+63 917 809 8909
E: reservations@fiestagarden.com.ph

Room Rates:
• Executive Suite (1 King Bed) at PhP 7,900
• Premiere Room (1 Queen and 1 Double Bed) at PhP 4,500
• Deluxe Room (2 Double Beds) at 3,900
• Superior Room (1 Queen Bed) at 3,600
• Extra Bed: PhP 750
• Extra Person: PhP 500


Getting There:

Buses to Vigan/Laoag are in Cubao. Best to ride Partas along Aurora Boulevard. Overnight trip is around 6-8 hours. Ask the bus conductor to drop you right in front of Fiesta Garden Hotel.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Visitors

Like us on Facebook

BOOKING PROMO