Friday Favorites: Keep Calm

7:14 PM

It's been a common sight these days. A plain colored poster with the words "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON". We've seen parodies including "Keep Calm and Travel On".



But how did the poster come about? Barter Books tells the story.



Aside from loving the Keep Calm statement, I would visit Barter Books in Northumberland because of the tea and books INSIDE an old train station. It is like an inception of my favorite things. I imagine myself going to the tea room with an Agatha Christie novel in my hand and ordering an earl grey  tea and maybe some pastries.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So that's where it came from! Good to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Claire I knew about the war thing but just found out about Barter Books because of this video. :D

    ReplyDelete

Visitors

Like us on Facebook

BOOKING PROMO